After Codemart worked on the relaunch Bosch PowerTools' huge global eCommerce platform for key account customers and retailers, Bosch's Asia division needed even more: Asian retailers are practically living on their smartphones and they asked for an optimized mobile solution.
Joining the tried and tested collaboration with Junidas as project & development lead and two tribes as UI specialist, Codemart set up a small strike team to conquer a new domain: a progressive web application (PWA).
Our seasoned Java & WebObjects afficionado Vlad made Codemart shine and delivered our first PWA in record time, to much success and great customer satisfaction:
- runs on iOS and Android browsers (incl. QQ and WeChat engines, down to Android 7)
- installable as PWA with full-screen support and adaptive mobile app UI
- innovative, convenient and secure authorization solution, based on cross-device account syncing via QR code
- built-in barcode scanner for Bosch products with instant catalog matching and cart addition
- support for multiple high-volume carts with multi-account/multi-device syncing
- localized in multiple Asian languages, from Vietnamese to Chinese Mandarin
After a successful rollout in 6 Asian countries in 2020, Bosch commissioned a sizable feature extension for next year.